It was another rainy windy night at Kilkhampton site but it changed to showery after breakfast.
So as we had decided it would be our chill day we did all the weekly housework stuff and then I got out my cross-stitch stuff while Nigel went out to ‘play’ with his new satellite setup for foreign use.
I tried hard not to laugh (promise) as he mounted his enormous dish on the tri-pod and hammered in pegs to secure it. It looked good until a strong gust of wind came. Time for a re-think.
He decided fixing it on the hardstanding area was the problem – he couldn’t get the pegs in completely. So a quick move to the grass area (very wet waterlogged grass area) and the pegs went in like it was butter.
He set it up with some meter thingy then connected with a wire to the Sky box. Final tuning looking through the window at the Signal screen.
He tightened things up and came inside to warm up. We watched a few minutes TV. Then it went blank and a quick check showed the dish had moved again.
Oh well it was only a test – maybe we will have to do similar as on the Satellite farm we can see over the field.